Real Estate Disputes
Real estate often represents a family's or business's most valuable asset. Issues and disputes over its ownership, use and occupation can be significant and stressful.
For over twenty-five years, Joseph Rockne has represented people with a wide range of issues, including claims involving:
- Boundaries and Claims of Adverse Possession
- Trees, including encroaching branches and roots
- Retaining walls and water runoff
- Spite Fences and View Covenants
- Homeowners Associations
- Earnest Money and Specific Performance Claims
- Easement Disputes
- Nuisance Claims
- Disputes between co-owners (Partition Claims)
- Claims of Breach of Warranty Deeds
Mr. Rockne has resolved disputes through negotiation. For those cases that are not resolved, he has filed and tried cases in Pierce, King, Snohomish, Island, Kittitas and Grant Counties. He has appeared in Division I of the Washington State Court of Appeals.
For ten years he was the author and editor of the chapter in the King County Young Lawyer's Deskbook concerning quiet title and ejectment actions. He has spoken at continuing legal education seminars on a variety of topics, including resolution of boundary disputes and reviewing and negotiating purchase and sale agreements.